Senior Java Developer at Risk Focus () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-28 05:00:19
Are you looking to join a dynamic company that will keep you challenged with new technologies and responsibilities, develop your skills and career, and provide you with the stability of a profitable 15-year-old company with a proven track record of success?
We are looking for a Sr. Java Developer to join our team in our New York, New York office to work on our client projects located in North America.
Risk Focus is a NYC-based company that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
As a Sr. Java Developer, you will:
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements
- Work as part of a software development team
- Write code per app specifications
- Test to ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Analyze user requirements to determine how to translate into Java
- Debug and resolve technical issues
- Make recommendations to existing infrastructure
- Continually engage in professional development
- Develop documentation to track
The strongest candidates will have as many of the following as possible:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another technical field or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years of Java development experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
- Thorough knowledge of Spring frameworks
- Experience with Kafka messaging platform
- Experience with Big Data/streaming platforms such as Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, and/or Kinesis
- Experience using AWS Cloud (EC2, EKS, EMR, Lambda, S3, etc.)
- Familiarity with containers, micro-services and APIs
- Experience working with different operating systems (Unix, Windows, Linux)
- Deep understanding of web services and RESTful interfaces
- Experience with Git and continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Ability to design, code, test, and deploy software through the full application lifecycle, working closely with Business Analysts to ensure that APIs perform as per user specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders and cross-functional teams
Risk Focus provides to all employees:
- Flexible work environment with a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation packages including performance bonuses
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- 401k plan
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- A culture of cooperation and support
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications