Web Engineer at DMGT (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-28 05:00:38
A new division of DMGT is looking for an experienced web engineer who can build a world-class web application and wants to recruit/grow the team to make them even better. Backed by a mature and profitable media company, we are seeking to become the go-to resource for most of life’s major decisions from personal finance to senior care. You think you can build faster, prettier, and more functional websites than most of what is out there?
Come join us and help us lead!
- Build fast websites using modern web components including but not limited to Netlify, React, Jamstack, AWS
- Work hand-in-hand with product designers and managers to build a beautiful, performant web experience that inspires trust and action in users
- Recruit and grow a full stack web team capable of building and maintaining an industry-defining tech platform
- Architect and lead the full development lifecycle including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Look forward to working with product managers and other engineers to build, test, and iterate on products that meet customer needs in creative, practical ways
- Have a deep understanding of browser nuances and frontend technologies – do you have a strong opinion about Yarn vs NPM? Vue vs NextJS? We don’t care what it is, only that you think about those things!
- Value autonomy and enjoy room to make your own decisions – we’re a startup and trust you to keep a fast pace in a dynamic environment
- Want to grow as a leader and pride yourself on your interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Be flexible, creative, and resilient – we are a startup with aims of being one of the leading voices in the world.
If you’re wildly successful in one year you will:
- Have a kick-ass website (or three) that is growing exponentially
- You have a 3-5 person team that is building and innovating and passionate about their work
- Brag about all the cool stuff you’ve built and done in industry conferences
What you will get out of it:
- Design and build a product and team from the ground-up
- Competitive comp including base pay, bonus, and benefits
- Annual stipend dedicated to personal career development (conferences, courses, coaches, etc)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Awesome teammates
- Work from anywhere in the US