Software Development Engineer at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-28 05:00:54
Come and join us. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join BXD, Barefoot Switching Division in our Data Platform Group as a Software Development Engineer- Data Plane. We're part of the Connectivity Group inside Intels DPG, and we're looking for motivated, passionate and talented software engineers to join our Advanced Applications team.
We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team that helps drive Intels programmable switching technology and products to position Intel Tofino as the switching platform of choice and for the Cloud and Data Center network deployments.In this role, you will need to be passionate about developing high-performance networking software applications. You will have an excellent opportunity to shape the future switching features in Intels programmable switching products.The ideal candidate is someone with a strong background in computing and software engineering, in particular with regard to machine learning, networking, and distributed systems.This position involves working with cutting-edge network applications, including computational networking to accelerate throughput bounded workflows. The ideal candidate will be able to identify bottlenecks in the networking and communications patterns and developing techniques based on data-plane programming to optimize both hardware and software components of the workload.Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement highly optimized C,C++ code
- Design large, distributed software systems
- Optimize distributed ML jobs and characterize the performance
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated expertise to technically influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ years experience or Masters degree in computer science or Electrical Engineering or related field with 2+ years experience
- 3+ years of Experience with C/C++ programming
- 2+ years of Experience in application debugging profiling and performance optimization
- 2+ years of experience in networking protocols
- PhD in applicable discipline
- 2 years of experience in CUDA and parallel programming
- 1 years of experience in collectives communication such as MPI and NCCL
- 1 years of experience in data plane programming with SDN P4 or Linux network stack
- 2+ years of Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow Pytorch Horovod
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.