(Senior) Rust Engineer (m/f/d) at Xayn AG (Berlin, Deutschland)
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-29 05:01:04
Xayn is a privacy-protecting search alternative that enables users to gain back control over the algorithms and provides them with a smooth user-experience. Using the latest AI technology made in Europe, the company ushers in a new generation of user-friendly privacy tech – making privacy available for everyone. After starting as a research project at The University of Oxford and Imperial College London, Xayn was founded in 2017. Our open-source framework for federated analytics and learning, XayNet, is the basis of the privacy-protecting personalised search engine Xayn. For further information on products and research, visit xayn.com.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and ambitious Senior Rust Engineer (m/f/d) to join our international team at our office in Berlin Mitte. You will be creating Xayn AI, our cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web) personalization engine in collaboration with our AI Engineers.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a robust and performant systems in Rust.
- Create and maintain bridging code between Rust and Flutter to allow Xayn AI to run on iOS, Android, and WebAssembly capable browsers.
- Take care of continuous integration, test suites.
- Mentor and teach team members.
- Solid experience with WebAssembly and Web API or integrating C/C++/Rust libraries in Flutter, ideally in production. Experience with async code in these settings is a plus.
- You are using version control systems, preferably Git.
- Test engineering & test-driven development.
- Meeting defined reliability & performance requirements.
- Good soft-skills, you can communicate clearly with your team.
- Business proficiency in English language, German is a plus.
- Full time availability and eligibility to work in Germany.
Our Tech Stack
- Libraries: tract, ndarray, wasm-bindgen.
- Tools: wasm-pack, cbindgen, cargo-make, cargo-cross.
- Be part of a dynamic, international, ambitious team of talented people.
- A great opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement on a strategic and creative level.
- Entrepreneurial flexibility, autonomy and flat hierarchies.
- A fast-paced, multi-faceted working environment and an exciting company product.
- A competitive pay.
- Budget and time for Personal Development.
- Support with Visa Process.
Do you feel you are the right fit for this opening and are you excited about starting your next challenge? Then apply to us by submitting your application documents to Beatrice, our Head of HR, here.
We’re excited to hear from you!