Infrastructure Engineer at Zype () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-29 05:01:16
Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers to support the Engineering Team and overall company by improving Zype’s infrastructure as a critical asset of the business, and accelerate our ability to bring new features to market in a safe and stable way.
The Infrastructure team is responsible for all technical resources at Zype, supporting business goals by ensuring the stability, scalability, security and performance of Zype’s platform. We develop solutions for cost-efficient delivery of services to Zype’s customers, accelerate software development through infrastructure automation and metrics, and drive security policies across the organization.
We are looking for generalists who are passionate about continuous infrastructure improvement, as well as the ability to take on one or more of the team’s areas of focus as a subject matter expert. We are currently seeking people who can help raise the bar around large-scale data processing architecture and/or system, network and software security.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- Our infrastructure is running mostly in Google Cloud leveraging Kubernetes and Docker. We also have some services running in AWS using SQS, Lambda, EC2 and ECS
- We use Terraform to handle resources lifecycle in AWS and GCP.
- Development and maintenance of infrastructure automation
- Responding to infrastructure incidents and escalations
- Engineering support around infrastructure, reliability, data and security
- Supporting Zype in architecting cost-effective infrastructure solutions
- Improvement and maintenance of data architecture and/or security pipelines
What you will need:
- Experience with :
- Software/script development and maintenance in Linux environments
- Cloud-based environments in production (AWS and/or GCP)
- Containers and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Solid understanding of system resources, network protocols and general security principles required
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure automation tools
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable with using video and online collaboration tools
Nice to have:
- Ruby, Python and/or SQL experience preferred; NodeJS, Golang, or other languages
- University degree or college diploma in related field
- Certifications in related topics
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team that is planning to grow by 60% in 2021 to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a durable mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers.