Team Leader | Engineering at Displayr (Pyrmont, Australia)
Location: Pyrmont, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-30 05:00:35
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation through to online dashboards.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last 5 years, we've grown from 11 to 62 people, and we have 1,200+ great clients, from small businesses through to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
What you'll be doing
- Join our core engineering team in a senior capacity and contribute to design decisions.
- Lead a team of 4-7 engineers.
- Use your technical experience to help kick off major product enhancements.
- Code review the work of your team members or peers.
- Mentor your team, helping them to grow technically and professionally.
- Convert ideas to products and features in a highly collaborative environment.
- Help scale the platform and make it more stable.
- Participate in evaluation of new candidates for the engineering team.
- You have at least 8 years of solid development experience.
- You have previously mentored or managed others, and enjoy helping junior engineers to advance their skills.
- You deeply understand the platforms and libraries you use.
- Your CV is full of achievements you are proud of.
- You are concise, clear, and courteous in your communication.
- You are curious and innovative.
- You take calculated risks and are not afraid of failure.
Our tech stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in the large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely. We are not driven by Venture Capital, so we decide our own direction, based on what is good for our customers.
- We offer the best we can to our team to help them be the best they can.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice". We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- We minimize interruptions while being an open book.
- You have unlimited opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and grow in the company.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages)
- Relaxed workplace and culture
- Select your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills
- Head office by the water in Pyrmont, Sydney, with access to pool and tennis court.