Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer (Robotics, Python, Linux) at Righthand Robotics (Somerville, MA) (allows remote)
Location: Somerville, MA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-30 05:01:00
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help develop and maintain the software infrastructure that our product is built upon. This individual will work closely with other software engineers to ensure the development team is able to leverage the most up-to-date tools, technologies, and languages. A minimum of 7 years experience in software development in a production environment through all aspects of a products lifecycle.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain key infrastructure components
- Maintain and upgrade our (Ubuntu/Linux) operating system
- Maintain and upgrade programming environments (e.g. python)
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deploy solutions to address customer needs
- Debug complex, real-time, multi-process systems
- 7+ years of Python development experience
- 7+ years working in a Linux development environment
- 5+ years experience developing in a variety of other languages
- 2+ years working in a team environment
- Experience in a production software development environment (version control, automated testing, build tools)
- Experience with Debian package management
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Experience in a technical leadership role in a small team
- Experience with robot middleware and messaging layers
- Experience porting from python2 to python3
- Experience upgrading Ubuntu
- Experience with Release Engineering
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation
- Experience with Virtualization or ContainersExperience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience in C/C++
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.