Site Reliability Engineer at Utopia Music (Stockholm, Sweden)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-30 05:01:21
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
Join our Infrastructure team and help us build and maintain infrastructure for our amazing products.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING
You will be working in our infrastructure team building the tools and infrastructure that powers our products. You will be working in a small team automating base infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines using the latest technologies.
The team consists of both SREs and DevOps sharing responsibilities across the infrastructure. As an SRE you will have ownership of one or more parts in the infrastructure. The team works closely together with the development teams and project managers but also with Product, Data and other departments.
The languages and tools listed below are the ones we are using right now, but we are always looking for talented problem solvers with a passion for technology and music. We want to learn new things and encourage our colleagues to use new technologies and smart solutions to solve problems.
- Having 4-5 years of experience within the same/similar role
- Strong operations or development background
- Passionate about automation, problem solving and technology
- Good knowledge of Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowing bash/shell-scripting
- Programming experience, preferably Golang and/or Node.js
- Experience working with the major cloud providers
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible and/or saltstack
- Eagerness to learn and to develop in a role
- Fluent in English, Swedish is a plus.
Is on average 2 weeks long and you can go through 5 (currently all video) interviews. Here are the steps:
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- We send you Node.js or Go coding test.
- Meeting the Hiring Manager.
- Meeting the Infra Team.
- Standard Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, Health care allowance, phone and subscription.
- Pretty nice office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)