Senior Linux System Software Engineer at Intel Corporation (Tampere, Finland)
Location: Tampere, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-31 05:01:01
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment, and formal software process.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Maintain Linux OS releases (Build, test, and release kernel and userspace components)
- Monitor and participate in patch reviews.
- Backport bugfixes, Common Vulnerabilities, and Exposures (CVE)
- Self-Starter with experience troubleshooting complex issues in distributed systems.
- * Excellent problem solving and communication skills with both technical and non-technical.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience developing Linux system-level software in a wide range or programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Go, etc.
- Deep experience working with the internals of a Linux distribution including packaging sys debugging performance analysis and backporting packages across many packages.
- Ability to both work with internal platform development teams while at the same time helping to build a vibrant external open-source project.