Software Engineer (Platform) at Intel Corporation (Braov, Romania)
Location: Braov, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-31 05:01:01
The Custom Structured ASIC Engineering Group within Intel Programmable Solutions Group is seeking a versatile and talented candidate to be part of Intel's next-generation Custom Structured ASIC Development Team.In this position, you will play a critical role in defining, developing, and maintaining Python-based tools used to generate critical components needed in the platform. The candidate is expected to actively collaborate across design engineering teams, validation team, firmware team, architects and provide the most optimal solutions.In this role your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain tools used in bitstream generation flow
- Develop and maintain embedded software for various CPUs
- Develop specification and test plan based on hardware/firmware specifications
- Develop and validate APIs to ensure a smooth interaction between multiple components like firmware and bitstream
- Work with firmware and verification teams to validate end-to-end configuration flow
- Work closely with hardware, firmware, and verification teams to integrate all desired features
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science
- Strong Python and C/C++ programming skills
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Embedded/Firmware Development, System Architecture, Device Architecture, Hardware Design
- Good problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work in a collaborative environment with cross-organizational teams as well as independently
- Experience with Verilog/SystemVerilog and mixed hardware-firmware designs is a big plus.
- Experience with waveform analysis and debug using VCS, NCSim, or Questa simulators (pre-silicon), as well as oscilloscopes and signal analyzers (post-silicon).
- Experience with debug interfaces (mainly JTAG) is considered a big plus.
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as GIT / Perforce.