Senior BackEnd Developer at Ancient Gaming () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-31 05:01:28
As creators of innovative software for the future market of iGaming, Ancient strives to go againstthe traditional route of building slot machine software. We operate with the firm belief that we’rebuilding desirable software for the next big spending generation: younger players who areseeking iGaming entertainment to enjoy themselves and with friends. With that in mind, we’renow looking for a senior back-end engineer to grow our established team and to help us innovate, build and grow Ancient further and to always help us stay one step ahead.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a flat structured team of multicultural professionals on an anytime : anywhere remote business model. Sounds interesting? Read on....
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment,maintenance and keeping it running.
- Be involved in the communities of the businesses by having a ‘Developer’ tag in thechatboxes, which will get you a lot of attention from the customers, receiving real-timefeedback for the products you build.
- Become a member of our back-end engineering culture, learning from other talentedpeople, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Engineer new features at scale in a fresh codebase without legacy code.
- Participate in technical discussions as part of the team. You should be ready tochallenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
https://www.csgoroll.com Community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGOplayers, with unique in-house custom built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing,PVP with the capability to bet and win Skins in real-time
https://www.hypedrop.com Buy and open Mystery Boxes in real-time featuring theUnboxing game where people can unbox real life products and have them shipped totheir house
https://www.hypeup.com (currently in development) is an item focused iGaming brandwhere users may wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” vs other people’sitems from their Inventory such as Watches, Electronics, Sneakers and more, and mayredeem their contents physically upon withdrawal.These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with a strong background in video gaming is preferred, since much of ourtarget market are gamers, and also gamification concepts are now widely adopted.
- An intuitive understanding of how games work and the motivation behind them is helpful
- Someone with minimum 3 yrs experience in Node/TypeScript, SQL (Postgres or similar), Redis and GraphQL
- Additional experience with Google Cloud, Postgres, Sequelize would be a plus
- A full-time team member that can stay on-task in a remote environment.
What's on offer?
- Fully remote flexible working
- Young, fun, flat structured rapidly growing company
- Duplicating multiple brands
- Diverse portfolio: gamified e-commerce, video game arcade, iGaming
- Entirely modern stack, no legacy code
- And a great remuneration package!