Lead Software Engineer at funda (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-03 05:00:44
At funda, a Lead Software Engineer is so much more than just a team leader. Of course, you’re responsible for managing your team. But you’re also expected to go beyond the technology and think strategically. While you’re getting the most out of your team, the driven Engineer within you is getting directly involved in the product.So, what makes you a Lead? Your ability to work with each individual team member on his/her personal growth, while also collaborating with Product and Marketing on the overall strategy for the team.You have a critical voice in the platform’s architecture, design and development. So you directly contribute to creating the best user experience. It’s great to work on a high-traffic site that everyone - including your friends, family and next-door neighbour – knows. But your future colleague Stephan can give you another good reason to apply: “You’ll be working in a growing business that uses modern technology like .NET Core and Docker.”Your jobWe believe that if you limit an Engineer’s activities to management alone, he/she will lose that essential technical focus. That’s why as a Lead Software Engineer .NET at funda, you’re not a full-time manager. You’ll stay up to date in your field and contribute to developments on the platform. You will also work closely with both Product and Marketing Leads on defining the roadmap and priorities together with your team. We know that’s quite a challenge. But you love a good challenge, don’t you?Your teamYou’ll manage a team of around 10 Engineers, from juniors to seniors. It’s your job to coach them. To help them get the best out of themselves and each other.
You excel in software design or software architecture. But you have great social skills, too. And those will come in handy as you manage a team of Engineers that report directly to you. You have loads of experience in development and have managed a team before.
Some other things that will make you ideal for this role:
- In addition to 10 years of relevant work experience, you’ve had a lead role for at least 4 years
- You bring experience with .NET Frameworks like .NET Core
- You know about modern software design and architecture (CQRS, event sourcing, microservices)
- If you know your way around cloud services, that’s a plus
- You have a good command of the Dutch language (that is a plus!).
This is what we offer
Funda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. Whether you work in the office or from home, we’ll make sure that funda feels like home to you. On location, you and your colleagues will work in the heart of Amsterdam, with our own ‘funda square’ and an unobstructed view of the IJ river. If you work from home, you’ll stay connected to your colleagues through Microsoft Teams, and we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need for your home office.
You’ll be working with more than 140 great (international) minds, who will make you feel welcome from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come to work with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them).
- Flexible working hours.
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension.
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (at the office, during working hours).
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day (when you’re in the office), ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday.
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present. And during lockdown periods, funda offers great virtual alternatives.
- The opportunity to attend congresses and follow courses and classes, because at funda, we believe that learning never stops. You can also get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
Interested?We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:Get startedYou can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.Hooray!Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.And then...If you have passed the telephone screening (and technical assignment), we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of three rounds of interviews.To case or not to caseFor this vacancy, after a successful telephone screening, we will invite you to do a technical assignment. Also a personality test will be part of the selection procedure.
We take COVID-19 very seriously. Most funda employees are working from home. However, this does not stop us from striving for a swift and enjoyable recruitment process. Our procedures haven’t changed, they will just happen virtually. Our recruiters will stay in touch with you, every step of the way.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.