Fully Remote Performance Engineer (Xpand Team) - MariaDB at MariaDB () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-03 05:00:55
Position: Mid-Level or Senior Performance Engineer (Xpand team)
Location: Fully remote anywhere in the U.S.
Work Visa's: No sponsorships are available at this time
Comp: $130K - $180K (dependent on seniority & location) + attractive equity + 25 days PTO, private medical
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? Company is the fastest-growing open source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
The MariaDB Xpand team is solving one of the most difficult open problems in the software database industry today: scaling SQL. We have our own distributed relational database, built from the ground up with a shared nothing architecture, distributed query execution, and automatic data distribution.
What You’ll Do
As our customer base grows, both in number and in size of deployment, so too has the performance demands on our product and our staff. The clusters are getting bigger, databases are growing larger, and workloads are growing more complex. We are looking for a Senior Performance Engineer to join our team who can lead performance investigations which push the limits of our technology.
- Own defining test strategies and designing and implementing measurement and analysis tools needed in our performance studies.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams to help profile performance and scalability, identify areas for improvement, and influence changes to the database.
- Work on a variety of workloads ranging from traditional OLTP and decision support performance benchmarks, to more complex, evolving hybrid transaction and analytical processing workloads.
- Work closely with sales engineering and support teams to do deep-dive and root cause analysis of key customer performance issues.
- Work in conjunction with marketing and sales to investigate the competitive performance of our product resulting in potential technical blog posts for either internal or external publication.
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and familiarity with bash shell programing skills.
- Knowledge of database systems and familiarity with the SQL query language.
- Programming skills using C, Python and/or Java.
- Knowledge of database performance benchmarks, measurement and analysis.
- Familiarity with applications and their interaction with databases is a major plus