Senior Software Engineer at Beast Code (Fort Walton Beach, FL)
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:31
Who is Beast Code?
We are an American software company building virtual environments for training and logistics solutions. Beast Code began in 2014 as seven friends with a dream to transcend the traditional defense solution paradigm. Today, we are a workforce of approximately 100 beasts pioneering Silicon Beach. We use cutting-edge technology to provide solutions for forward-thinking defense, industrial, and commercial organizations.
Beast Code is Tenacious, Resourceful, Creative, Clever, and Disruptive. These qualities ensure that Beast Code exceeds expectations and develops meaningful applications.
Software Engineer Description
Beast Code is transforming the software industry in Northwest Florida. As our project pipeline continues to grow, we’re looking to add software engineers who are passionate about programming and eager to create applications that break the mold and set new standards.
Many view our innovative software solutions as masterpieces, but Beast Code’s software engineers are the crafty coders who put the brush to canvas.
Beast Code fosters a collaborative work environment. No, we don’t need you to be a member of the Borg collective (just Google “Star Trek: The Next Generation”). In fact, we encourage thinking outside the box. But we do prefer SEs who play well with others and thrive as part of a team of developers, designers, product owners, scrum masters and other stakeholders.
Our projects run the gamut from game-based learning programs for defense contracts to 3D model solutions for commercial clients. That means there is always engaging work to do as the brilliant minds behind creating and optimizing great code.
If you’re looking to be a part of something special, Beast Code is the place to be an SE. We are proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine as one of the 50 Best Small Workplaces. We’ve also been honored with 2019 The Enterprise Florida Entrepreneur and Job Growth Award. Hey, it’s not bragging if you can back it up.
Come make a difference and build Silicon Beach with us!
This job might be for you if you are familiar with and enjoy:
- Code repositories (i.e. BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Task management tools (i.e. Jira)
- Documentation suites (i.e. Confluence, Doxygen, Markdown)
- Researching solutions using resources such as StackOverflow
- Reviewing existing solutions using code snippets and libraries
- Keep current with software development industry standards/trends to keep company on the cutting edge
You should bring these skills to the table:
- Can comfortably work within one or more programming language, framework or platform
- (preferably .NET, C#, JS and JS frameworks, and TS)
- Understand, and are comfortable with, the basics of SQL databases
- Can implement basic user stories with minimal or no support
- Can create and modify graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- Have an analytical ability to troubleshoot and debug issues
You score Bonus Points if you:
- Have the ability to set up a developer environment
- Can identify and make architectural improvements
- Are comfortable documenting code and develop unit/regression tests
- Enjoy executing code reviews
- Can identify and utilize the appropriate framework/language for a project
- Optimize code and improve performance of applications
- Due to the nature of our work, it is mandatory that you are a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete background check and maintain a valid USA driver’s license
- Beast Code is a drug free work environment using mandatory pre-employment drug testing and random drug testing as per all applicable laws
Beast Code is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Beast Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.